“Don’t just count your years, make your years count.” – Ernest Meyers
During your career, you juggle numerous tasks, take part in negotiations, and make tough decisions on a daily basis. As a mover and shaker, you get things done. But have you thought about what happens when you retire?
In retirement, you will most likely want to pursue your dreams, stay active and healthy, spend time with family and friends, and make a difference in the lives of others. However, when you’re looking at giving up the security of a regular paycheck as well as your very definition of who you are, you may wonder if it’s possible to pursue your dreams without sacrificing your standard of living and your sense of self.
Financially, making sure that you are the best steward of your wealth can be a daunting challenge, especially while trying to juggle your normal workload. Personally, transitioning from the work world to a less demanding time in life can be both exhilarating and confusing. Trading in your business clothes for your golf clothes or for your flip-flops and beach towel is not something you may do naturally. Certainly it takes some conscious thought and reinvention and if you’re in a relationship, it also takes some serious conversations and redefining boundaries and setting of expectations.
The moment you start seriously considering any life-changing event, your neural pathways start to change. This change can create stress and unaddressed, this stress can keep you from making smart decisions and lead to compromised relationships. Making decisions in the midst of a life-changing event without addressing both the personal and the financial together can have a long-term impact, both financially and personally.
We can help you address:
- When can I retire? How do I get paid without a paycheck?
- What will my life look like in retirement? Can I afford to pursue my passions?
- How can I make this transition as seamless as possible for me and my family?
- What will my future look like? How will I fill my days and still live with purpose?
- What are my best options for taking my company retirement benefits? My stock options?
- When should I start social security?
- Are my investments still allocated correctly?
- How do I budget for and pay my taxes?
- How will I receive my monthly income, even when I’m away from home?
- How can I plan for the unknown such as market fluctuations, rising costs, geopolitical situations, personal emergencies and/or medical costs in retirement? What other risks do I face in retirement?
- Do I have still own the right insurance to protect my family? What about long-term care?
- What happens to my family when I’m no longer here?
Our experienced professionals are qualified to help you understand the personal and financial implications of your life-changing event as you make decisions around money management, insurance, and investments. We help you identify when to sit with the uncertainties and the unknown, and when to move forward and make decisions with confidence and a sense of purpose. Integrating the personal and financial sides of change allow you to create an optimal solution for the long-term so that you can focus on your passions and pursue your dreams.